Pages

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Ps 139:14

Friday, May 21, 2010

What Has Encouraged Me Today - Be Content

Be content. Most of the time this is easier said than done. It is particularly hard to be content when we're constantly encouraged not to be content. I read this verse last night and I find encouragement in these words:

I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Phillipians 4:12

Doesn't that sound wonderful - "the secret of being content"? Well, what is the secret of being content? I will have to think more about this...but for now, I think that it's having God's perspective and realising that EVERYTHING we have comes from God. We need to be thankful for what he has given us. It's helpful, then, to focus on the good things; what we have instead of what we don't have. Let's get into the habit of telling God daily what we're thankful for.

No comments: