Pages

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Ps 139:14

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The HICCUPotamus - Cracks Jack Up

Jack was given a new book by his Aunty Helen called "The HICCUPotamus". I think it's a really fun book to read to children. The concept is quite humourous - a hiccuping hippopotamus. It has colourful and expressive images to connect to the clever and creative text. The text is full of entertaining wordplay, which makes the book a joy to read. The opening pages start like this:
"Hic!
Hic!
There was a hippopotamus
Who hiccupped quite-a-lotamus.
And every time he got'emus...
He'd fall upon his bottomus..."

Doesn't that sound like fun? Well, Jack certainly thinks so. Dave says to Jack, "Hic! Hic! Hiccupotamus!" and Jack bursts out laughing. Here's what I mean:


1 comment:

Z-Kids said...

Best. Video. EVER!