Pages

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Ps 139:14

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Any Ideas???

Over the last week and a half, I've been getting more and more frustrated. Jack has not been sleeping very well during the day and I don't know why (he has gotten better at night. He's sleeping til about 6am, which is great!). I put him down to sleep and within 40 mins, he's awake, crying his little head off. I re-settle him (with the dummy usually) and it takes him about 30mins to go back to sleep. He was sleeping for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours previously, so I don't know why he keeps waking up. He goes to sleep by himself, so he's not waking up looking for a sleep prompt that's not there anymore. I thought that maybe he's overtired, so I put him to bed earlier, but he still wakes up. I thought that maybe it was because he wasn't wrapped, so I wrapped him, but he still wakes up. I thought that maybe he's hungry, so when he woke up, I fed him and then shortened the time between feeds, but he still wakes up. I'm running out of ideas and patience. Any ideas???

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Is he generally happy and settled when awake?

Bron said...

Sometimes, he can be content when he's awake. He's not as happy as he could be. Eventually, when he won't sleep after trying for a while, I get him up. But, by the afternoon, he gets cranky because he hasn't slept much. I'm trying not to get too frustrated by it as there's not much I can do. I'm going to keep persevering to get him to go back to sleep, but if he won't, then he can just be awake and wait for his next feed. What else is there to do?