Pages

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Ps 139:14

Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Hobby

I was invited by friend Christie to a craft night, which was being run by her sister-in-law, Michelle. Michelle is a 'Stampin' Up!' demonstrator. Stampin' Up! make all sorts of paper craft goodies - stamps, ink pads, paper, etc. I had a great night making cards and chatting to friends. I was able to learn how to use stamps and create interesting designs. I made three things - two cards and a calendar display.

Calendar display (left), 'Happy Birthday' card (middle; I got the birdcage stamp - I thought it was just charming) and 'Hello' card (right).

I have been really inspired to get back into making cards and other paper craft. I bought some stamps and ink, so I'm hoping to put them to good use.

Here's my first attempt. I made a Birthday card for my niece, Vivienne. You can't see it very well, but the text under the cake says 'Happy Birthday' in pink ink. These two stamps came in a set (along with the birdcage). I stamped the cake in blue ink, then, with a cotton tip, I wiped the blue ink off the flowers. I used a pink and a green marker pen (which I also bought to go with the ink pads) to colour in the flowers. I then used the pink marker to fill in the flames of the candles. I really like the effect of colouring the stamp. I also like the simplicity.

I'm going out tonight to another craft night. I'm hoping to get some more ideas and inspiration.

No comments: