Pages

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Ps 139:14

Friday, January 29, 2010

Swimming Lessons

A friend of mine has done swimming lessons with her little girl, Nina, since she was 3 months. She absolutely loved doing something fun with Nina and she really encouraged me to do the same thing with Jack. So, I did. Today. Jack had his very first swimming lesson today.

Well, unfortunately, Jack was not a big fan of the pool. Our little Jacky boy pretty much cried for the first half of the lesson :( . We played all sorts of games, like, Ring A Ring A Rosy, Hokey Pokey, Humpty Dumpty, but nothing seemed to distract him for long enough and he kept crying. He jumped in and out of the water, kicked, played with toys, and lots of other fun things, but he still cried. He would be OK when I held him, but once we started moving around, he would cry again. It wasn't a big cry, it was his little whimpery cry, the one where his whole face crumples and his bottom lip sticks right out (which is SO cute, but it also breaks my heart!). I think he musn't have liked the cold. Even though we were in an indoor warmed pool, I think he still was cold. In hindsight, I probably should have taken him to the pool before today so that he was more used to it.

Thankfully, he settled down and he seemed a lot more chilled out by the whole thing. He looked pretty happy floating around. I even got a smile out of him by the end of the lesson. So, it wasn't all bad. I'm looking forward to next week and I'm really hoping that he'll start to enjoy it.

No comments: