Pages

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Ps 139:14

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Blanket for Bubba

Once I began maternity leave, I decided that I needed a project to keep me entertained. I decided to knit a blanket for the baby. I finished it today. It was surprisingly easy to make. All those years of knitting scarves has paid off!

Here's a couple of photos of the finished product.

As you can see, I had to go for the neutral baby colours as we don't know Bubba's gender.

The teddy bear was a present from a student.

I've got the baby's cradle all ready now, which is pretty much the only thing that is ready for the baby. The baby's room is still full of junk. We haven't got a pram or car seat yet. As long as the baby doesn't come early, we should get ourselves organised in time (famous last words!).

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You always have had such an eye for colour - its beautiful!