Pages

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Ps 139:14

Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Special Time of Year.


Be warned!!  The following is incredibly nostalgic and soppy.  I apologise, but I'm sure you will forgive my momentary bout of strong affection at this time.
During this time of Easter, I am always reminded of the happy memories of Camp Kaloona.  Looking back, these were such important times in my life.  Camp Kaloona provided great opportunities for me to be with my family and friends, who were such great role models for me.  It was a time for me to be encouraged by God and his word, in a way that helped me to focus on God and how He wanted me to live.  Not only was this a great time of spiritual encouragement, but it was also a special time where I could see, year after year, the coolest guy I knew.  Every year I would be so excited to see Dave, I would wait with "bated breath", terribly anxious and nervous to see if he would be there. Every year, once I was at camp, I would try my hardest to not look like I liked him in the least (of which, I hastened to add, I failed terribly).  Every year, I would do such ridiculous acts in order to get Dave's attention: chasing Dave around the camp trying to take a photo of him, giving him my easter eggs, giving him my pocket money, sending him love letters, engraving "B.T. loves D.R." on the flying fox tree, and so on.  As you could probably tell, my actions were not terribly subtle, but were pretty innocuous (I am not in the least like that now).  But, every year, Dave would steadfastly ignore my blatant attempts to attain his affection.  How did two, completely opposite people get together?  By God's doing I am sure.
I always find this time of year very special.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bron,
That is very sweet, and I'm glad that there is something every year (like Easter) to trigger such precious memories. It's wonderful how God was shaping both you and Dave over those years to honour him in your life together.
Its just beautiful *sigh*
love Katie

Chris said...

Hey guys!

I remember stories about that camp! Wow - cool stuff... need to call and give you our new address and phone number.

Chris H.