Pages

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Ps 139:14

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Making My Own BIBS

My friend, Sam, and I have decided to make our own bibs. I was needing to buy more as a lot of the ones we were given are too small for Jack now. After perusing the shops and seeing how expensive bibs can be (especially the descent ones), I decided that I could make my own. I figured I'd save a lot of money making my own, and I'd have bibs that I would actually be happy with and would fit Jack better.

So, here's one attempt. This is my second design (I'll post my first one soon). I bought some fabric from Ikea (3m for $15) and I used a white towel that I bought from Lyncraft ($3) that I never used. The bib was really easy to make. I've made about 4 now and I've got 8 more to sew. I haven't decided which fastner I like better. I made a press stud one for most of the bibs (as seen in these photos) but I've also made some bibs with buttons. The buttons are cheaper than the press studs and they seem to be a bit more sturdy. The press studs are a little bit more effort to make but they may be less fiddly to use. I'm going to keep experimenting and see what I like best.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

That looks fantastic! Great job! Wish I could sew lol